This is an informational report on a bad Knoxville, Tennessee dentist.
His name and location are as follows:
Jay S. Desvaux, DDS
Summary: Desvaux did shoddy dental work where he hacked on the tooth in preparation for the crown, neglected to inspect temporary crown, said to "take Tylenol" for pain that was caused by his shoddy dental work, then hacked or damaged other crowns.
** Statement of the Offenses Desvaux Committed Against Myself **
- Desvaux told me that I needed a crown on a very back tooth. Considering his neglectful conduct, which was of a malicious nature, I suspect that he lied about the need for a crown.
- After briefly hacking/grinding a back molar tooth Desvaux neglected to check a partial mouth mold he used for the permanent crown to see if it fit.
- Desvaux neglected to inspect the temporary crown to see if it fit properly before allowing me to leave the office.
- The temporary fit badly. Desvaux neglected to attend to the victims' pain for two weeks and instead said to "take Tylenol."
- Desvaux neglected to check the completed crown to see if it fit before gluing the crown in place.
- Desvaux then, without asking the my permission, ground/hacked on two good crowns (which were installed by another dentist) leaving jagged edges.
- Desvaux thought that I was dissatisfied with the other dentists' work. I believe that he destroyed the surfaces of the two crowns deliberately thinking that I would let him install new ones.
I filed a complaint with the Tennessee state dental board. The complaint is referenced as case # 200600595.
Desvaux violated me at a personal level. It was horribly embarrassing. The state of Tennessee medical complaints investigator said that the complaint was "my word against Desvaux' word" and unless he admitted wrongdoing that there was not much that they could do.
The medical complaints investigator was right. The state dental board found that Desvaux conduct "did not constitute a violation of the statues and/or rules governing the profession."
Jay Desvaux is not a very honest person. Quite honestly, he needs to be held accountable and punished. Maybe this complaint will do just that.
Review about: Dental Crown.